Graduate employment is at its lowest for over 30 years*. Most students rely on the internet alone to do their job search**.
What will give you the best chance of success? Go to Chartered Accountants ANZ Employment Evening to get yourself in front of the people that count:
- Get noticed with direct access to HR professionals
- Talk to specialists from business, finance and accounting industries
- Learn more about employers and available job roles
- Get top tips on how to be a successful candidate
- Hear from Chartered Accountants who are leaders in business and finance
- Attend and enter our passport competition for your chance to win an Apple Watch
- Win a Lunch with CA ANZ CEO Lee White – see below
Date – Wed 9 March
Time – Registrations open at 4.30pm (Ferris Wheel open from 4.00pm-5.00pm)
Address – The Crystal Ballroom, Luna Park, 1 Olympic Drive, Milsons Point
Bring – Your Resume for a one-on-one mock interview with an employer
Book your place now, free of charge:
Win a Lunch with CA ANZ CEO Lee White – How to enter:
In 100 words or less, what person, past or present, would you choose to have a dinner with and why? Submit your answer at www.surveymonkey.com/r/JNPQXWN by Sunday 6 March for this prize that money can’t buy. The winner must be present for the announcement on the evening.
Employers that attended an Employment Evening in 2015 included:
Accru Hobart, Audit Office of NSW, Auditor General’s Department, Australian National Audit Office, Australian National University, Australian Taxation Office, BDO, Bentleys, Boyce Chartered Accountants, Brentnalls SA, Commonwealth Bank, Crofts Chartered Accountants, Crowe Horwath, Deloitte, Department of Defense, Department of Foreign Affairs, Department of Treasury and Finance, DFK Everalls, Dixon Advisory, Edwards Marshall, ESV, EY, Ferrier Hodgson, Fordham, GMK Partners Pty Ltd, Grant Thornton, HLB Mann Judd, Hood Sweeney, KordaMentha, KPMG, LDB Accountants & Advisors, Macquarie Group, Maxim Chartered Accountants, McGrathNicol, Monash Professional Pathways, Moore Stephens, Navitas Professional, Nexia, NSW Treasury, PCA People, Performance Education Group, Perks, Pitcher Partners, Protiviti, PwC, Reserve Bank of Australia, RSM, ShineWing Australia, Spry Roughley, Tasmanian Audit Office, Tilbrook Rasheed, Tregloans, UHY Haines Norton, University of Canberra, Vincents Chartered Accountants, William Buck, Wise Lord & Ferguson, Woolworths Limited.
Are you an International Student?
The majority of postgraduate accounting students in Australia are international***. How will you find out what you need to do to secure work in Australia?
Come to Chartered Accountants ANZ International Student Evening, where you will have the opportunity to:
- Speak to migration specialists
- Hear from leading facilitators of professional internships in Australia
- Learn about the IELTS, Australian business culture and how to secure work in Australia
- Hear from International Students who have employment in Australia
- Develop your network with fellow International Students
Date: Tuesday 15 March
Location: Fraser and King, Level 1, Chartered Accountants ANZ, 33 Erskine Street, Sydney
Other: Light catering provided
Book your place now, free of charge:
* Source: Graduate Outlook Survey (2014): 68% of bachelor graduates from the class of 2014 had a full-time job four months after graduating – the lowest full-time employment rate for new graduates since Graduate Careers Australia began measuring in 1982.
** 2013 Graduate Destination Survey: bachelor degree graduates who had actively sought employment in the year prior to graduating, the majority (75.3 per cent) indicated they sought employment via an ‘advertisement on the internet’
*** Australian Financial Review, 2013 – International students now dominate accounting courses, making up a record 79 per cent of the 17,600 enrolled postgraduate students in 2013. http://www.afr.com/news/policy/education/accounting-still-popular-with-overseas-students-despite-tight-jobs-market-20140916-jf0c5